SERIOUSLY!?

So 10 years, a decade, can seem like an eternity to a 10 year old or even a 15 year old but really for me (my 25 year old self....) it feels like just yesterday. I woke up this morning (without having to run to the bathroom to throw up!!!) and as I was pouring my milk into my cereal it dawned on me. TEN years ago today I put on a white cap and gown, decorated with my yellow rope for student council and my yellow sash for making the Honor Society. Oh let's not forget my pin for earning passing with distinction on my senior project and I marched down the aisle with my classmates, ending one journey of my life.

It seems like from the moment we were done singing "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake (our class song) time has just flown. I blinked and I was doing it again (minus the song of course and this time wearing blue) marking the end of college. I exhaled and I married my high school sweetheart and have the most adorable intelligent 2 year old the world has ever seen. And I paused and now I am going to be a mommy of 2, living in our home with a family that I could not have dreamed about.

Tomorrow we celebrate those 10 years at our reunion. I also run my first 10k in the morning (well I use the term run now lightly since I may have to walk some due to baby sprout and how much he can handle) Derrick and I have grown up together over the last 10 (actually we just passed our 11 year anniversary back on the 5th!) years. We have changed as individuals and as a couple. We like to joke we are in the best shape of our lives. Which happens to be true for me and I would say he has not lost the shape he has been in since high school.

I am excited tomorrow is a big day! And if I am still walking after the 10k I may just dance the night away like I would have 10 years ago :0)

LIVE LAUGH CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment