High Hopes

OK I admit it, when I started this blog I thought I was going to be the most amazing blogger! Well not with what I say or the endless humor that I provide but with the organization of writing a blog post every day or at the very least every other day. Has that happened? Heck no! You see I have this little thing called Ella who takes up every minute of my day when I am not at work, picking up the house after she goes to sleep or sleeping myself.

My days are spent answering the never ending "whys" that my little sassafrass spits out constantly:
Me: "Ella you can not go down the slide"
Ella: "Why" "I slide!"
Me: "Ella the slide is too hot it will give you ouchies"
Ella: "Why"
Me: "Because the slide will burn you"
Ella "Why"
Me: "The sun made the slide hot because it is very hot out"
Ella: "Why"
Me: "Because it is summer and the sun makes things hot"
Ella: "why"

Anyway that was just ONE of the why conversations we had yesterday. If I am not answering the why questions we are playing babies, digging in the dirt pile outside of loam (that still needs me to start moving it to make a nice new lawn area), reading books or laughing together. Oh or engaging in her newest hobby of finding her friend Mia!

So here is my new goal that I am hoping my one reader might hold me too. Do I even have one reader? Anyway, my goal is to write a blog at LEAST once a week!!! I mean after all I must have something to say every now and again. Oh and I know I keep promising pictures so I think I am going to steal and idea that I got off one of my friends blogs and do wordless Wednesdays...hmmmm something to ponder :0)

4 comments:

Janell said...

Ella talks circles around Mason. He says maybe 7 words!! You are having conversations with her like I do my 4 year old! She is a genious!

Nicole Ireland said...

Christina, you're not the only one who finds it difficult to update your blog. I struggle with it, as do many of my writing buddies. I try and aim for posting at least four days a week on my new site, but it doesn't always happen. Mommyhood and work are my first priorities, so any time that I have after that goes towards my writing and blogging.

Mommy Minutes said...

I read! And I love reading about Ella!

Shelly said...

I read it! I only update mine when something I feel is "news worthy" happens at our house, which isn't very often, lol :)

Post a Comment