Happy 4th!

So ok am I supposed to be on the computer right now....ummmm nope :0) I should be outside helping to plant the new lawn, yes that is right those 10 yards of loam that we had delivered two months ago is finally spread and ready for the grass seed! But I had to take a minute to reflect on the 4th. As I am sitting here, and believe it or not Free by Zach Brown Band is playing on the radio, I can't even begin to describe the feeling that being in America and getting to live my life gives me. I am free! (and yes just like in the song we don't have much money but its not money that matters to me)

I have the most amazing husband and little girl, wonderful family members, and fabulous friends both here and away. I love that I can wake up and talk to anyone of them so easily because I live here and people fight for this country in order for me to do so.

So as I watch the specatcular colors splash in the sky tonight and I listen to my daughter oooo and aww and yell yippee. I will send up a special thanks to all of those men and women who have fought or will yet to fight. Because of you we continue to live in the land of the free! THANK YOU!!!

By the way JR I am especially thinking of you today :0)

2 comments:

Janell said...

Way to put things in perspective, C! I am reminded that I need to be thankful of everything that I have and that people are fighting for me to live my life freely. I hope you had an enjoyable weekend considering all the work you did ;) Love you!

Unknown said...

Thanks Nell! I hope you had some fun too ;0) Love you right back!!!

Post a Comment