VACATION!

We just made it back from our annual North Conway trip. It was AMAZING. D and I had so much fun showing L the fun spots. We did a train ride on Father's Day (what a great way to celebrate some fantastic dads since my dad joined us as well) We also hit up a paint your own pottery store, where L made an adorable coffee mug for D to take to work. Of course the outlets were stopped at and we did a geocache in the heart of North Conway that toured all the little shops. Swimming and dining! By the way if you are ever in North Conway there are 2 little eating places that are a MUST! Stop in at Peaches for a mouthwatering breakfast and then The Moat for a FABULOUS dinner (we actually went there 2 nights since we enjoyed it so! The first night we even walked 3 miles just to get dinner there!)

However the BEST part of our trip was sharing something that I love with both D and L. Growing up my sister and I were always well taken care of and my parents tried to give us anything we wanted. But we had limits and most of our fun activities were spur of the moment free ones that my mom and aunt thought up. (See an earlier blog post about one of these adventures!) But something my parents would save and plan for was a trip to Storyland. I have been there a handful of times and every time the rush of excitement gets me. For me it is like Disney to most (I have never been to Disney.) Every summer from the moment D and I stared dating I have talked non stop about how much fun Storyland is. 5 years ago I was there for my little cousins 5th birthday but D was on travel and couldn't go. This year for her 10th we went back and....D finally made it. Driving into the gates he squeezed my hand and said "I hope I love it as much as you do"

I had my doubts, after all Storyland is aimed at small children. Was he going to love it too? Well the rush got him as well. As we made our way around with an 18 month old who was working on 4 molars and 3 other teeth, which you wouldn't know unless you looked in her mouth since the only sign she showed was chewing on Snuggy's ears a bit more. We were thrown back into our childhood days. We took L on the Alice in Wonderland's Tea Cups and on the Swan Queen, the Whirling Whales and the 100 year old Carousel. We toured the 3 Bear's House and Peter's Pumpkin. As our little one napped and was pushed around my Papa we hit the "big" kid rides, the Polar Coaster (which had a real ice North Pole out front and on an 90 degree day it was really neat to see!), the Bamboo Chutes, Dr. Geysers Remarkable Raft Ride (I ended up so soaked that my top wouldn't stay up and we had to tuck it and twist it to make it stay up), and then took a romantic Hot Air Balloon ride on the Great Balloon Chase where we were the only ones not toting a kid after us :0) When L woke up we did the Farm Tractors twice since L enjoyed it so much and the Antique Cars as well.

The day was absolutely perfect. Our little family was laughing and running and enjoying every minute of it. In fact D ended up loving it so much, we have plans to go again next month since the BFCO will bring us halfway there anyway! I walked away so happy that something I loved so much was also loved my the ones I now love more than anything!

2 comments:

Firehouse mama said...

Pretty sure I need to go to this place :) I LOVE amusement parks, even ones geared for 2 year olds.

Unknown said...

Mandie if you EVER come up this way let me know! I would love to meet up and go with you guys :0)

Post a Comment