Thoughtful Thursday

So I don't know how I managed to pull it off but I talked Derrick into going to get takeout AND bringing the little sass with him! So that gives me about 15 minutes to "think" or pretend that I am at least :0)

I have been thinking a lot today about how much my life has changed in the past couple of years. This week marks a lot of "milestones" for us. Four years ago today we bought our wonderful 19th century home that we so lovingly work on day after day after day... In all actuality while I hate my house for what it looks like I LOVE it for all the memories that it holds. If I could get over the appearance and the intense urge to run into hiding when someone comes to the door so that I don't have to invite them in, where "GASP" they will see the worn wide pine unleveled floors or the cracked original to the house 1870's windows or the billion other things that I see wrong on a daily basis. (Yes I know that was a run on, my grammar will always be atrocious!) I can say that I honestly love living here. I love the neighborhood and the neighbors (one of which is about to have a new baby and I can't wait to see him!) I love that this is the house that Derrick and I bought together and started piling in the memories when we got married (almost 3.5 years ago!) and brought home our little spitfire (18 months ago Sunday!!!!)

Since they are pulling back into the driveway, darn! I will quickly reflect on the other milestone that will be met this weekend. Derrick and I will be together for 10 years that is right a whole decade on Saturday! As the kids were writing an essay around what they could not live without today at work, I started thinking about how I truly love having Derrick in my life! Who else would put up with my craziness or my humor. Who else would jump in and help me plan and execute a bridal shower. But most of all no one else could have given me my sweet peanut butter pie and for that I love him even more. Happy (almost) 10 years Cowboy!!! I love you!

Yummm the food smells great!

2 comments:

Mommy Minutes said...

I love that you called him "cowboy"!

Janell said...

haha Cowboy!!

Post a Comment