sensitivity

Before I even started writing today I knew it would be a tough blog to write. I even went into the kitchen and poured myself a large glass of milk and tore open the Oreos to grab a handful only to find just one lonely old Oreo left. My wonderful husband must have been having Oreos for breakfast. I should know better to leave them out in the open. If I do they dissappear faster than my waist would if I could eat them.

Anyway I have been thinking lately about blogging and cenorship. I find myself really checking what I write on here in fear that I would or could offend someone. Offending anyone would be something I would NEVER want to do. However, at the same time I feel that I am holding a lot of things back. I hold a lot of things in. Things bother me, have been bothering me and I NEVER say anything about them. I usually just sit there with a smile on my face and nod to whatever is going on. I then will have a bitch fest with a certain few that I feel like I can trust 100% and most of the time that works and I feel better. But there are some things that just don't seem to be getting better and I seem to just be dwelling on them.

I try not to let things get me down. After all having a positive outlook makes things so much better but I can't help but have my feelings hurt. Really I am a senstive person I KNOW that I really do. I try to work with that and let things roll off my back but every so often I fail miserably at it.

*and with that I have written and rewritten some feelings that I just can't bring myself to throw out there. Although it did feel good to write and then see my feelings being validated right there in black and white since validation of me is what seems to be my problem lately... (sorry those certain few it looks like you will continue to have to listen to me when I feel the need to vent...)

2 comments:

Firehouse mama said...

First, who eats all the oreos but one?? That's like torture!! Secondly, you shouldn't feel bad about having feelings...I mean, if you can't bitch on your own blog, where can you bitch? Even if you feel that your feelings aren't validated, they are your feelings so they are important to those that care about you...even if they seem ridiculous to someone else. I know because I've been there. I just had to tell myself that regardless of how silly something may seem to someone else, if it affects me...it affects me. Hopefully you feel better soon and you have a full container of oreos soon!!

Unknown said...

hahaha thanks Mandie! Yes I agree as silly as feelings are they are still your own and sometimes they just need to be talked about or blogged about :0) Oh and yes Oreos will be coming back into the house and WILL be hidden from my dear hubby!

Post a Comment