Happy Birthday Baby Girl!


2 years ago today I got to meet the most preciously sweet, adorable, intelligent little girl. I carried her for nine months tucked up under my ribs and she carved a huge spot in my heart, from the moment I found out that we would finally be able to have the baby we so so so wanted. She was planned, she was dreamed and she was finally here. The nine months of pregnancy were wonderful, the little tiny kicks that were specifically for me to just let me know that yep mom I'm here and I am doing fine. The morning sickness and the throwing up just so I knew that I had a baby in there for real and the 18 pounds of extra weight made my heart so light because I knew it was because of my little miracle bean.

I met my sweet little girl on the morning of December 6, 2008, at 6:56 am to be exact. She came into the world after 56 hours of med free labor that ended with 12 minutes of pushing. She landed right into her daddy's hands and was immediately given to me. In that moment the pain was gone, the time stood still and I was completely in utterly madly in love. The 77 hours of no sleep was forgotten, I felt recharged, excited and ready to take on the world, or maybe climb Mt Katahdin again like I did when I was 6 months pregnant with Ella.

Now that precious little 6 pound bundle has grown into the most wonderfully amazing 2 year old. I can not believe that 2 years has passed. I have watched her just grow and learn and develop the best personality. She is so polite and loving. She loves to smile and laugh and pretend. She talks like she is 3 and is oh so smart! She "reads" and uses the potty. She dances and sings. She sleeps in a big girl bed and loves to snuggle. I love hearing her say "Mommy you snuggle with me, I make room for you too" She takes care of her babies and loves her family. She helps cook dinner and makes her own bed. And shopping...oh yes she is a fashionista to the max! She is always saying she loves us even though *sigh* she has informed me that Daddy is her favorite. Which is fine by me because the two of them together leaves me a big puddle of mush on the floor. It might as well be my birthday today because seriously Ella is the best gift that could EVER have been given. I thank God for her everyday, in every breath I breathe because she truly is my everything.


Happy Birthday my sweet precious baby girl. Mommy loves you to the moon and back and then some. You make me so happy and always bring a smile to my face. May you always know how much you mean to me, how much you fill my heart with light and love and how much your smile lights the world. I LOVE YOU ELLA BEAN!!!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Such a sweet post! Happy birthday Ella, and happy mommy day, Christina :)

Stephanie Leach said...

Aw, you just made me cry happy tears! Happy birthday Ms. Ella! Thank you for bringing my good friend, and your Mommy, so much joy!

Post a Comment