Merry Christmas!

Christmas! I LOVE IT! I mean really really love it, and it's not about the gifts either. Christmas REALLY kicked off with cookie baking at my parent's Thursday with the whole crew (Mom, Dad, Manda, Joe, Derrick, Ella, Aunt Becky, Uncle Eddie, Brit, Nic and Riley) which resulted in lots of fun and consumed cookies and hot chocolate :0) That turned into Christmas Eve where the stockings were hung, the reindeer food made and put out and gifts loaded in the car. We traveled to my grandmother's house where we had more fun family time in her warm and cozy kitchen and then on to my parent's house again where her family gathers. We had the BEST secret Santa exchange ever! Everyone really really had a good time and after donning our new Christmas jammies, taking lots of silly pictures, drinking VERY yummy wine and laughing until we cried, we set off back to home around 11 pm just in time to get back and asleep before Santa came!

There was no sleep that night for me or for Derrick we were too excited to see Ella on Christmas morning. And we were not let down! Her very first gift she opened was her "bery OWN CHAPSTICK!!!" and from then on it was all about her making sure her lips were coated in chapstick...as my videos show it was open a gift and then put on the chapstick... It was ALOT ALOT ALOT of fun and I just so enjoyed every minute with my little family. After gifts we again loaded up the car and went to my parent's house to do brunch and gifts with them and my sister and her husband. Brunch was so so so yummy and mimosas were made to order through out the whole visit. Then with no nap for Ella we headed to the Brown's for more family time. Ella fell asleep in the car and woke up a little overwhelmed but wanted to get down eventually and play with her cousins. Which by the way there is not words to describe the excitement of a 3.5 year old and a 2 year old. Cosmos and champagne were flowing and more yummy, seriously yummy food was consumed. And then I lost to my father-in-law playing Dance Dance, which Ella captured in 347 pictures on her new camera.

Now I am sitting here (in my awesome new slippers!) with a competely trashed living room and a sleeping Derrick and Ella on the couch knowing that I am so blessed. I have a wonderful extended family and an amazing little family of 3. Memories were made, laughter was heard and love was felt. Merry Christmas to all, I hope you all feel as blessed this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment