change

The scent of fall in the air, the cool brisk mornings and the temperature dip at night, not to mention the release of Shipyard Pumpkin Head means that another season is just around the corner. And with it the knowledge that life changes, days go by and you wake up older and at times wiser than you were the day before.

This past season I have spent a lot of time living and learning that the grass is not always greener and getting what you want is not always fun. I have finally finished up my commitment to work and decided that a couple days a week for 6 weeks during the summer is a great comprise for me. The commitment before that was too much and working a straight 14 weeks was also too much. However, I think that once a year for 6 weeks (a total of 15 days) employment in the literal sense becomes me. I get out, I get to do something new and the hours (9-3) are not bad. However, any more than that and I would become a crazy person. I LOVE my full time job as a mom. I love having silly conversations with my almost 21 month old. Who has turned into a person and not a toddler in the past couple of months. We talk, as in conversations that go back and forth for ever. She will tell me what she likes what she doesn't. What she finds funny, what scares her. We play a lot and watching her "pretend" is amazing! The other day I was looking for my charger to my phone but she wanted a story read so she told me that she would help me find it "I will find it mom" Well frustrated that it was nowhere she "picked" it up off the floor and said "oh here it is I found it" I just looked at her and laughed. Instantly forgetting the phone, after all no conversation or voice mail or text that would be waiting was better than what I had in that moment with my daughter.

Ok sorry tangent! Back on track, work... Yes I am going to keep my foot in the door and probably make the 6 week commitment again next year. I mean come on I have some GREAT ideas on how to make next years summer camp better so why not?! I probably will also pick up a few days of subbing here and there especially for my favorite teachers at the Hanson School just because I love being in a classroom. But as the summer season comes to an end my heart will always be home with my daughter and my new hobby of baking with my awesome new mixer :0)

On another note I recently read a blog that touched me in a way that I haven't been touched in a long time. Not only did it touch my heart and emotions but it touched me to the core. After I read the blog I realized that life is SO precious. Obstacles are placed and can be overcome. There are special people out there who will not even see the obstacle for a hindrance but instead as something that is a blessing. The blog inspired to me love EVERYTHING that I have, to aim high and dream big. Nothing but our own thoughts and insecurities will take us down. And with a little humble pie, great friends and family you can take on anything that gets put in the way. So my goals for the fall season are as follows:

Openly embrace opportunities that seem scary (I CAN do it if I want!)

Connect with people on a deeper level (not just the hi how are you but the you are my friend let me help you level)

Make special moments out of daily activites

Enjoy my daughter

Carve some me time into the day (well lets start with week)

Try new things

Be persistent and commited, finish goals!

Expeirment with photo taking and editing

Consider the idea that a sibling for Ella might be a good thing...

Be thankful for what I have, I am truly blessed :0)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

It's a good idea to set goals... you've inspired me! Also, I would like another niece. :)

Unknown said...

Hahaha I said I would CONSIDER the idea of having a sibling NOT that I was ready to have one :o)

Post a Comment