Domestic Diva

So that mention of change in season I mentioned the other day? Well it turns out it is also applying to my domestic talents as well. I have never been the "domestic" type so to say. Considering cooking in my house used to be 50-50 until a little thing called Ella happened. When I first got pregnant with Ella I couldn't even step foot in the kitchen without throwing up. Which meant my share of cooking and dishes fell 100% on D's shoulders. Meanwhile the little voice of D's grandmother could be heard asking me if I was taking good care of Derrick. (You see she was the type to have a pie baked from scratch as reward for Derrick doing some work for her) Although I don't know all her philosphies on what a wife should be because unfortunately she passed the week that we got engaged. I knew she expected me to take care of him. When we were in college she got very upset that Derrick ended up with "dry sockets" after getting his wisdom teeth out and accused me of not taking care of him...Well after she was born he kept the cooking and I picked up loading the dishwasher. Now that my little ray of sunshine is almost 2 I have picked my share back up. I purchased myself a little gift of a KitchenAId mixer and have not looked back!

This week I have had the house clean, the laundry done and treats baked for when he gets home from work. Last night I managed to add baking a ham dinner, making little individual apple pies (yes with homemade crust!), taking Ella to the playground, picking up my car, crafts, and working out into my schedule on top of the mountain of laundry being folded AND put away.

So am I taking care of him? Hell yes! I can answer that little voice with a very confident answer now when I hear it. Does that mean that I will iron, NOPE. Will I drop everything if Ella and I are in the middle of fort building and play-doh playing to bake if he requested it, NOPE. Does it mean that there wont be days where the laundry has over taken the couch and the floors haven't been washed, NOPE! But it does mean that I am committed to my life 100% and I am going to make the effort to go extra rounds in the house and on the cooking front. I love my husband and truly enjoy doing these things for him. I also plan on adding on some sewing projects to my days (Ella is using the potty and tight season is coming so I figure that since she LOVES to wear her dresses that I better make some babylegs so that she can still use the potty without fussing with the tights)

So just go ahead and call me Domestic Diva... :0)

3 comments:

Stephanie Leach said...

Haha, I love it! I wish I knew how to sew. Or had a sewing machine. Or had the time to bake and cook and build forts with Spencer :(

Firehouse mama said...

Alright Ms. Diva, you're making us other moms look bad!! I have a BEAUTIFUL kitchenaid mixer (pink :)) and It's absolutely wonderful....as a countertop decoration. I've used it once. Once in two years. You're freaking awesome. Can you come cook for me, please?!?

Kate said...

Yup...you officially rule. Not only do you update your blog - but you cook - clean - do motherly things. And I'm with Mandie on this one - my poor mixer must feel so neglected!

Post a Comment