Let the good times roll!

So the summer of constant events is in full force and the fun just keeps rolling in. We just got back from BFCO 2011 and it was such a great weekend!

We arrived Thursday in the middle of a heat wave that New England never usually sees. And we arrived in an unconventional way as well. You see instead of Derrick, Ella and I heading up together, plans were made so that we could get up there before Derrick got out of work. Which means I, the person who doesn't do any of the driving if I don't have too, was the driver. Not that big of a deal except I had never ever driven with the pop-up being towed behind. We borrowed my Dad's Hummer (the Versa just wasn't big enough get all our gear and camper to the campground) loaded it up with all our gear AND my sister-in-law and the twins and set off. I was super nervous but knew that I needed to do what needed to be done. After all there wasn't any highway driving (or so I had thought!) I managed to even maneuver through a drive through before hitting the road! Everything was going fine and dandy and then the nice GPS lady told us to merge onto I89 and then I93....ummmmm what!?! Not only was merging something I had not planned on doing but it was also taking us by the site of our Mother's Day crash and I just wasn't prepared for that!

I made it through getting off at a LEFT! exit and was at the campground not even 10 minutes later. I checked in, drove around so I didn't have to back up and then headed to our site. Or well I thought it was our site, turns out I went down the wrong road which required me to now have to back the trailer up AND turn around somehow! Being the stubborn girl that I am I refused to give in and go for help and figured out how to back that thing up for myself!

Finally arriving at the site we unloaded and I set up camp by myself (after my father-in-law and Derrick's uncle so kindly unhooked the camper and popped it up for me). Derrick arrived to a site all done and the fun began.

We spent the weekend mostly swimming or finding some way to beat the ridiculous heat. Had campfires around candles to keep cool at night and just fully enjoyed some family company. Drinks were had (well I had lots of ice water), food was cooked and laughs rolled in. The Misfits held two meetings and Ella played played and played. She was actually so disappointed to head home today :0) The flag was passed and the plans for BFCO 2012 are already in the making! I really could not ask for any more good times and good memories!

Live Laugh CAMP!

I plan on getting my act together and posting some pics to this post soon!

1 comment:

Queen Bee, Julie G said...

I dont know that I could drive a hummer by itself, let alone towing something! You're amazing C!

Post a Comment