yet another check!

So the summer festivities are winding down. Left on the calendar we have two more weddings, (one of which will also be a road trip to NY.), a baby shower for my sister, a country music festival, a Saco River Canoe trip, a few more birthday parties, and a trip to Isle Au Haut!!!

Sprinkled in there are 3 more races, a 10k and two more 5ks which will finish up the road race series and my goal! I am more than halfway there now that I completed the run this morning and the heat is getting to me a little bit but I am just putting one foot in front of the other and getting them down. It helped to see my favorite cheerleaders cheering me on with a mile left and also setting a goal of beating some of the people I was surrounded by. Yes pink shirt lady, sunglasses guy, and obnoxious lady talkers were all behind me when I crossed the finish line. D was a little upset to see my final sprint to clock in as fast as I could but I think deep down he knew thats what the end would look like. He is running the next one with me to keep me in check and also to keep me company for the longer mileage. So in just about three weeks it will be race #7!

Oh and yes I forgot to add the big ultra sound is coming up as well so its another thing to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment