guilt free

What do you do when you just don't know what to do?  Mister Mister has been pretty sick since Wednesday. Which was why when I dropped Princess Pie off at school this morning I actually felt absolutely no guilt at all when I grabbed a cup of tea and sat myself on the couch watching Say Yes to the Dress for, are you ready?! *GASP* 2, yes TWO, hours this morning.  The sink was full of dirty dishes, the laundry was piled up and waiting, floors were not vacuumed and toys were everywhere.  But I sat. I sat wrapped in a blanket with the dog by my side, sipping tea and analyzing dress choices. 

Holy heck am I glad I took that break this morning, because well lets face it hell broke out as soon as I picked Princess up.  Max who is my normally super chill and happy baby just wants to be held.  And he whimpers and holds his head for most parts of the last few days.  I have been giving him around the clock doses of meds to keep the high fever at bay and just pushing the liquids.  This I have been dealing with and quite well I may add since, I too am not feeling my best and I was still managing to do crafts and projects with Ella.  Well just because I had this balancing act of sick baby, sick mommy and crafty preschooler figured out of COURSE something else needed to be added into the mix.  Ella came home from school today and instead of stripping layers off and putting on her beloved ladybug costume she just started crying and moaning over and over how cold she was.  She put on a fleece jacket with the hood AND her fleece robe on top of her clothes and sat as close to the wood stove as possible just crying about how cold she was and how she needed her daddy.  Without even checking I knew that I now had two whiny kids with fevers. 

This all started around noon time, D gets home at 4:30.  I had over 4 hours of kids just crying and needed extra cuddles.  We did dinner and books and bath and after all this guess what?  I needed to run out to the store and grab pellets for the stove.  Yep, like today wasn't enough I dragged my sorry sweat pant covered ass to the Tractor Supply where I bought and hauled out bag after bag of pellets by myself all so my hubby could have get in his study time.  And when I got home, I heard well half these pellets are good.  You see there were two kinds and I bought exactly the same number of bags of each so I couldn't exactly mess up.  Well, what did I do?  I just smiled and said your welcome.  Left them in the car for him to unload and went in for a repeat of this morning.  I am now once again parked on the couch with tea in hand with SurviorMan playing in the background.  I am thinking I am punching out of the mommy and wife role tonight and just doing ABSOLUTELY nothing. No chores, nothing.  I am being a lazy ass for once and I will NOT feel guilty about it...

Although I will go answer that little voice calling me from her bedroom, after all one more Mommy hug would be nice :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment