GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Ok so I was planning this blog out in my head on TTC and infertility. It is no big secret that these are topics that I hold close to my heart and am VERY passionate about. In fact I can get pretty easily riled up overhearing someone say, oh when are you having a baby? Its not rocket science. Or my husband just looks at me and I get pregnant, its pretty easy. And oh the list of completely idiotic comments goes on and on. However, while nursing my little one in the wee hours of the morning I came across something else that gets my blood BOILING!

Why do women feel the need to degrade each other so much? We are constantly on society's case for devaluing us. We are on men's cases for devaluing us. But in this culture I think that women devalue and degrade each other in far worse ways. We JUDGE and judge and judge to the point of no return. It's pretty sickening actually. You have the passive aggressive type of judgers and the full blown down your throat you did something so wrong judgers.

While I was pregnant with Max I stumbled upon a Facebook page called Birth Without Fear (Thanks to a fellow hypnobirther!) I LOVED LOVED LOVED this concept. I mean hadn't I just blogged myself about women putting the unnecessary feeling of fear into other women? Women now feared the most beautiful journey they will ever be on. Why do we feel the need to make hurdles for each other? And now that I have had Max I continued to follow to hear about other people's glorious births. And last night, or I should say this morning I realized that ALL of the birth's were completely drug free and that to them that was the ONLY way to have a fear free birth AND to have it be beautiful. I myself had some used drugs. Should I be made to feel beaten down and broken like I couldn't quite accomplish it? However, I relented and just enjoyed reading all the different birth stories, even though I knew my birth story would never be featured because I didn't do it the "right" way. And then it happened, I lost it in anger when the circumcision talk started. We all have different opinions on this matter and really I do not want to even get in to it. Can't we just accept that some of us made one choice while others made the other?

Here all these women were saying HORRIBLE things about other mom's who chose the opposite of what they chose. Regardless of the reasons for each choice it should be left alone. Why why why do we as women feel the need to make others feel inferior because of a personal choice that was made for THEIR family? No choice can be right or wrong. Why can't we just embrace each mom's journey as a MOM and respect that not all opinions are going to match up?

Because of a comment made last night on Birth Without Fear, I have now chose to stop following and realize that for some who claim to be open minded they most certainly are only open minded if you follow their thought train. So this girl is getting off at the next station and refuses to ride that train any longer.

By the way I was so wound up that I planned a whole blog post at 4 am this morning. However, that one did not get written since I was snuggled up with my sleeping little man. I just hugged him tighter and cursed in my head alot :0)

1 comment:

Post a Comment