zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So my goal of blogging twice a week is falling by the wayside. I mean I try, and in fact have a dozen or so blog ideas floating around in my head. Or I will read a blog and then be inspired to write my own thoughts on the same topic. Lately, I have wanted to blog about running (I am about to call my old friend Running and see if she wants to meet up come February!), since I am encouraging myself to run a half this fall. I have wanted to blog about what it means to be a mom to a BOY (in fact I read a blog about 25 Rules for moms of boys, that truly inspired me), my little man is growing so fast and I love him to pieces! I have wanted to blog about Ella antics, she really has had some outstanding one liners, phrases and ideas come out of the pretty little head of hers lately. She also has had her very FIRST haircut. Which means she is now officially not a baby anymore. Her baby curls were the last to go :0(. I have wanted to blog about finding time to be a couple when you now have a couple of kids, but well I haven't even found the time to write about it so its all just theory in my head right now. Oh and I wanted to blog about the endless bizarre adventures I find myself on with my Mom and my Sister. The last one left me literally almost peeing my pants laughing as we tried to fit 3 kids in car seats, 3 strollers and then all of our purchases (well really all of my Mom's purchases, since she took the kids shopping for clothes) into my mom's Highlander. Yes it is a 7 passenger car but really the strollers are what put us over into the look at those ridiculous women category. Next time leave BOB at home Amanda!!!

But atlas I have not blogged about a single one of these things why? Well I am now a mom of TWO and sleep has left out household. At this point with Ella we had a 6 hour stretch a night of sleep. Yes she STTN (Slept Through The Night) at a very early age and D and I were the luckiest couple on Earth. After all we had our beautiful baby girl but at 2 weeks old she was allowing us time to reconnect and talk and SLEEP as a couple. Max? yeah Max is a different story. And although Ella stopped STTN at 5 months at least when she did sleep it was always in her bassinet. Max will not sleep, Max will not sleep, Max will not sleep. Well, that's not entirely true. As long as I nurse him every 40 minutes at night from 7pm to 1am he will sleep in between ONLY IF HE REMAINS LAYING ON MY CHEST! Last night I spent the night on the couch dozing in between feedings and just hold him ALL. NIGHT. LONG! Granted I love snuggling with my baby, I love smelling his baby smell and hearing his little sleeping coos but I would like to lay down in my own bed too and maybe get a 3-4 hour stretch of sleep. It's been awhile since that has happened, months actually.

But I digress, I am a sleepless mother who manages to hold it together and get things done during the day but ONLY the basic most necessary things so blogging? Yeah blogging will have to wait until I manage to acclimate myself to the no sleep a little more. I have a feeling it will be some time yet before you will see me out and about not sporting the newest rage of black bags under my eyes. If any of you want to acquire the new trend and get some black bags of your own I'll let you borrow Max for the night. But be warned it wont take you more than a few hours to get them since he will scream until he gets his Mommy :0)

PS A quick Ellaism for you all: As I was typing she came and asked for a piece of bread. I told her if she can reach it she can have it. She came in with the bread asking what kind it was. I told her it was just like the special bread Daddy makes but Auntie Kate made it. She looked at me dead serious and said "So it must be gluten free then, I don't like gluten free stuff you can have this" Oh me oh my does she pick up on anything and EVERYTHING!

1 comment:

Firehouse mama said...

It is a much different life with 2 babies. And I totally understand the lack of sleep. I can promise you this, it does get better. So much better. It may take some time, but sleep will come and so will that reconnection with you and Derek.

Post a Comment