Working Mama

So I had my first night away from my kiddos for professional development...

I am glad that I went to the conference. Lots of neat ideas and really really good keynote speakers! Even though i was walked in on twice yes TWICW while trying to pump and had lunch with strangers I well let's just say strangers I didn't click with who left me craving a glass of whiskey I mean wine it was a great day.

D got to experience night time with kiddos while I tossed and turned in my hotel bed. He got to hand the kids off with instructions for my mom while I was up before 6am battling it out with the traveling business men over gym equipment. By the way, I managed to snag the treadmill I wanted, ha! And then he got to have a lovely kiddo pick up after a day of no napping.... While I rode 2.5 hours in a car with adult conversation ;0).

Lots of ideas for the program are now rolling around in my head, vying for spots with everything else rolling around in there. And after putting my sweeties to bed (both of whom went right to sleep at 8 and slept straight through until 5, not sure what D was talking about when he said he had a rough night, haha!) I crawled in my own bed thankful for who I am and what I do. I have a passion for this program and truly whole heartily believe in the cause. I can't wait to be a part of this initiative (Maine Family Literacy Initiative), and I love how it allows me to still be a mom first! A mom who goes to conferences occasionally but a mom who doesn't have to trade in what she already lives doing. I just get to add to it. Making sure more families get to have the magical experiences that my own family gets too :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment