Little Changes

Everyday brings changes. Back before Ella those changes would often times go unnoticed. But now I look at my little girl each morning and notice the changes that have manifested in my life.

Let's start with me:

Laundry piles up, dishes go unwashed and I don't even freak. In fact as I write this I can glance up and see some little ceiling dust bunnies that I have been meaning to sweep down but I always remember and then on my way to do something about it get caught up in some sort of activity. Lately it is carrying the "bad rocks" and we need to use "team work" to get the job done (Yes she has morphed herself into half Dora half Wonder Pet)

Sleep is no longer something I need, and going out is sometimes a chore since I would rather be in. Dance parties are MUCH better with a 2 year old, my moves don't seem as ridiculous even though my daughter definitely has better moves than me already.

Going to the gym is now good, I mean I am now 20 pounds under what I was before I even got pregnant with Ella and now I can see the changes in my body for myself. And running, I actually enjoy it!

My social life has also changed and I love the new relationships that are forming. There are just some people you connect with instantly and will let over when you are in sweats and the house is a horrendous mess and you don't even shrink when answering the door. You just welcome them right in because who cares they are not judging you, they can see you at your worst and still find ways to make you feel 1000 times better!

Now let's talk about D:

Oh my goodness hands down the biggest change there is what he calls his melted heart. I used to joke with him that he had a heart of stone, wrapped in steal, stored in platnum and locked with ice...well now he is a big old mushy teddy bear who loves his little girl with every ounce of what he is.

And Ella:

Ella changes everyday. Her new thing is this hands on the hips attitude. And I am amazed at how much she has grown and learned in 25 short months. She is so smart and so full of energy and life.


2 comments:

Kate said...

Isn't it amazing? This is such a great post. I think everyone can relate to it - plus extra pictures of Ella aren't so bad either :)

But you missed one of the biggest changes: You guys as a family. Being married is one thing - but creating a family is another. And you guys do it so well :)

Nicole Hofmann said...

Great post! I love the timeline of pictures... you can see such a big change between the elephant and the red/white/blue pic. Our kiddos have lost their baby faces and look like "kids" now.

Post a Comment