The dreaded Monday...

Last night was more difficult than I thought. I did not sleep for thoughts of work and what I would wear were running rapid through my head. I have this amazing problem of being 20 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight. Therefore, none of my "work clothes" fit. After all I have been wearing jeans and cute casual tops for the last 16 months and have had no need for these clothes thrown in the back of the closet

Clothes aside I was having serious anxiety about missing out on Ella's day. What new thing was she going to discover in her playing. Today it was the color "pink" so now she can identify both pink and blue. She is such a smart little cookie. Drop off was harder than I thought and judging by the way my make-up looked when I arrived at work the tears were more plentiful than I though as well.

However, it was a good start to the week when I arrived to learn the entire third grade was going on a field trip and I would be left behind to plan and get reacquainted with the schedule. It was also wonderful to be greeted back by such a warm staff, who also could not believe that Ella was already 16 months old. I really have missed the ladies I used to work with. Oh and the topper on my day was leaving at noon to go have lunch with Ella and pick her up early. We spent the afternoon playing "babies" and play doh and taking a nice long walk in the sunshine. I have to say that I think I am glad this is only for 8 weeks as of today I think that being a mom is so important to me that I am probably going to choose the good old SAHM gig when all is said and done :0)

In other news, I previously mentioned how my new nieghbors were using our yard. Well the reason is that they are fixing up the dump next door. We are so excited for the overhaul of the house, which probably should have been condemed. I came home today to see that the steps have been taken. The back half of the house has now been torn off and disposed off. Progress!!! It already looks so much better. Who knows maybe with the increase to our property value we can think about selling finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment