HaPpY EaStEr!

Celebrated the most amazing Easter today! It started last night when I got to play the Easter Bunny. I never knew it would be so much fun stuffing eggs with jelly beans and placing them around the house. Setting up Ella's new tricycle and basket in just the perfect spot so she would see them first thing in the morning was a blast! I went to bed feeling happy and content at midnight, thinking I could not wait to see my daughter's face in the morning when she spotted the loot for the first time. Little did I know that at 2am she would wake up screaming for "mum" and "juice" and "paci" with a temp of 103.2 :( Her fever broke around 6am and she snoozed finally until 7.

Despite the night we had and the two hours of sleep I had Easter morning was not a let down. A big "wow" and squeals of delight were music to my ears and all the caffeine I needed in order to wake up for the day. Her little mini egg hunt was so cute (when I get a chance to upload the video I will be sure to post it!) and she insisted on jelly beans for breakfast. Hey who am I to argue with the cute little smiley face?! (Yes, I know that her dinner the other night also consisted of sherbet and whip cream. I will be accepting my mom of the year award next Sunday if anyone cares to attend).

Our morning continued with church, where Ella was the perfect little angel sitting on her Daddy's lap the whole 1.5 hours of service without a peep. Well she did say "boo" when her Auntie opened her eyes from prayer but her she is 16 months she has not yet figured out all the etiquette rules :0) We had a fabulous visit with my grandparents and then made our way to my parents house where Ella had some more egg hunting fun. We pulled into the driveway to find the bubble machine going and bubbles floating everywhere. The walkway was littered with yet more colorful eggs and stuffed bunnies and at the end was a basket filled with lots of good stuff. Grandmama and Papa went a little Easter crazy :0) Ella ran around shaking the eggs only taking the ones that had a rattle since she knew those were the eggs that contained the beloved jelly beans. (again I will post pictures once my mom sends me them since believe it or not I forgot my camera!) Dinner was fantastic and gave us just enough energy to then have the "big" kid egg hunt. I have to admit this year I plan old stunk and found a whopping two eggs! But Derrick made up for my lacking and came up with the converted "special" egg! After all the excitement we packed up the car and drove to our next stop Nana and Grampy's house!

We had another fabulous dinner and got to spend time with Owen and the twins. Nana spoiled all the kids with trips to the "spa" and then sent them all home clean and warm in their new CUTE jammies! When Ella wakes up in the morning I will have to get a picture of her wearing her new pink elephant jammies since they are the cutest things I have ever seen! Thanks Nana :0)

Now Derrick and I are going to finish up some of the downstairs bathroom project and hit the hay. This is going to be one VERY busy week!

2 comments:

Post a Comment