pondering

The ponderings (not sure that is even a word?!) in our house are sooo different. Ella will think over what kind of trouble she can get into. How to get her clothes off and run around in just a diaper and rainboots. Or how dirty she has to get before Mommy will let her take a bath in the middle of the day just so she can play in the tub with her baby for an hour. The other day for example she painted her hair with yogurt at breakfast knowing that a tub would be sure to follow. She of course was thrilled to be splashing in the water...



Her newest way to show that she is thinking is to say the word "ummm" followed by a long pause when you ask her a question. Last night she said she wanted to "eat eat" and when asked "What do you want to eat?" She replied, "ummmm, a pop" followed quickly by "pease" since she knows we are suckers for when she is being super cute and of course she got her pop! :0)

Derrick on the other hand is always thinking like an engineer. He can fix anything that seems impossible within 20 minutes because well he has thought about it breaking before. Or we go on a walk and while Ella and I are enjoying the flowers and trees and talking about the horses we will see "neigh", Derrick will randomly say things like, "Do you know how much power is running above us in those lines right now. Or do you know the strength of that telephone pole. I usually learn at least one new random fact on every after dinner 3 mile walk. Some nights I actually end up learning a whole lot which then will change my way of thinking for life. (For example I now will not use my phone up to my ear if it has a signal strength of less than four bars)

My thoughts? Well we already went over this. They are RANDOM to say the least. At any given time I could be thinking about Ella, Derrick, the approaching wedding of my sister, trying to fit into my dress, going back to work, thinking about if or when I should give Ella a sibling, what is for dinner, how to save $, what needs to be done, when the last time I showered was (speaking of which I am about to go head in and shower now...lol) Oh and by the way I just figured out how to load pictures to the blog...I have been thinking about that for days :0)

Overall all these different thoughts makes for one interesting house and through it all the poor dog is just thinking someone would remember to feed him...





2 comments:

Bree said...

Jeff does the same thing about listing random facts :-) The minds of engineers are different then ours!

Unknown said...

Yep those engineers :0)

Post a Comment