"It's a NEEEEEEEEW CAR"!

Ever watch the Price is Right? When the contestant sees it is a new car behind the curtain? Well I happened to have an addiction to the show when I was a wee child and well really did not stop watching it until my college days (Basically when Drew Carey replaced Bob Baker since Carey drives me a little bit insane...) Well I always always always used to think about or I guess you would say dream about going on and winning "A NEEEEEEEEEEW CAR!" Well, remember my last post? I am NOT a lucky girl (in a car winning way, I know I am super lucky in a love and life way) so that would NEVER happen to me.

However, with the transmission about to drop out of my POS Pacifica we needed to win a new car (very wishful thinking!) or buy one. And since we are a one car family right now (by choice) then we had to sit down together and figure something out. You see I am and always will be an SUV girl. And D he is a practical man. Which as you can imagine do not mix well when buying a joint car. So we went back and forth and I was going to settle for a smaller SUV (Jeep Compass) but then D made a very logical argument (which by the way he was SHOCKED he only had to pitch it to me once and I was aboard. I am a smart girl I get it sometimes!) He pitched the whole well let's get the commuter car now (we were going to do this in a year or two) that way we get a brand new car, have a complete warranty on it, it is reliable, gets great gas millage (therefore saving us money right now), and then will be my car when you get the car you really want in a few years...ummm ok I am game. Makes sense and an SUV girl can drive *someone* elses car for awhile, right?

So last night after sitting at the dealership for 5 hours we drove home in a 2011 Nissan Versa SL hatchback. It has a navi and xm radio (which I can NOT tell you how excited I am to have xm back!!! It is only a 3 month trial BUT D will purchase it after it is up so I get something I like out of this deal). It is silver and roomy on the inside and had a grand total of 20 miles on it. 10 of which we put on ourselves in the test driving circle we did. So yep I am now the proud owner of a brand new car for the very first time.

And it's really not a bad little thing to drive for an SUV type of girl :0)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Woo hoo! Don't you just love that new car smell?

Post a Comment