Paci Fairy

The dreaded Paci Fairy was scheduled to stop at our house Friday night. Ella and I talked all week about it. She even told me a Dora backpack is what she wanted the fairy to leave. Perfect I had some Toys R Us bucks ($14 to be exact) that needed to be used then anyway. So we set off to get the backpack and Ella found it and fell in love I mean IN LOVE. She has not yet taken the backpack off (at night we have to hang it by her bed) even in the car she wears it on her belly so she can still wear it.

Well anyway we got home Friday night and I said grab your backpack its time for bed and I think the Paci Fairy came while we were gone... Ummmm yes the PURE DEVASTATION that followed was heart breaking. I was crying she was crying and D was just saying please let's not do this. After all really what is the harm of her having her paci for 15 minutes every night? Well we found an "old" one (which HAD to be pink NOT purple) and gave it to her, the results instant paranoia that she has to see the paci to make sure no one took it...

Well last night after watching a disappointing Pat's game we head home. Let her watch one Dora, read in our bed and then we bring her to her room for bed time. We read 2 books and then instead of seeking out paci and asking where it was, she asked for her "E" that sits on the windowsill as part of her L O V E letters. I gave it to her and ummm she went to bed.... There was NO talk of paci, no crying and no middle of the night frantic wake ups demanding it. This morning she asked for her "E" again and I gladly gave it.

Looks like we are on our way to being paci free without any drama and L is also starting to recognize and understand letters. (E is for Ella and Elephant and Egg is what I heard this morning from her!)

2 comments:

Firehouse mama said...

This is why I am so thankful d never liked a paci...but we still have issues getting rid of the bottle!! He will only drink milk out of a bottle...flat out refuses to drink it out of anything else. Yeah, I've been working on this for over a year...no luck yet.

Lauren said...

I hope this ends up being an easy transition - it was MUCH easier for us than I anticipated!

Post a Comment