Procreation Vacations...???

So I am not a stranger to the whole TTC (trying to conceive) process. In fact we have been there done that and may find that we have to do it again when we are ready for Baby Brown #2. But it's really been weighing on my mind lately. I have some very good friends who are wonderful parents who are TTC now, I have jumped for joy when friends who have TdTC for so long finally got that long awaited BFP (Big Fat Positive) and I have sat and prayed for my friends who are still on the TTC journey that I met when I first started the journey to Ella.

I have to tell you that TTC is a pretty passionate topic for me and it angers me to no end when opps oh my I am preggo again and don't even want to be words are heard, or thinking about the people who don't even care enough about their babies to stop drinking and smoking or drugs. Knowing that there are some out there who get the joy of having children but don't even realize it. I actaully can't even go into how angry and unfair the whole process seems so I wont...I can't get worked up tonight but I am outraged by it.

So as I sit here and share info when asked and support when needed, I also pray that all those who so deserve and desire the little rays of sunshine be blessed with them soon!!! And to offer this:

The process is hard, it is difficult. You will feel like a failure and broken. You will cry and hurt, scream and withdraw. Life will seem like it just keeps throwing you mountains to climb instead of rocking chairs to rock those sleepy little bundles. But there is someone there for you if you want. I am always open to share the journey we were on and in the mean time plan a little procreation vacation... Maybe next time we will just start with one of those...

Best of luck and much baby dust to all of you on this torturous roller coaster called TTC!!!!

2 comments:

Kate said...

wow...that was great Chris. <3

Unknown said...

I've decided after two long TTC journeys that it's not fair for ignorant people to get to question me or comment as rudely and openly as they want about my reproductive choices (Isn't it about time for #2?, Maeleigh needs a brother!, or my favorite: What are you waiting for? You aren't getting any younger!- yes, someone said that to me once.) I've always felt I should respond with vague remarks or just a polite, half-laugh, but NOT ANY MORE. If someone is going to be so bold as to ask me why I don't have more children then I am going to be even bolder and give them the truth. Hopefully making them feel like an ass in the process. Great post, C.

Post a Comment