Hurricane Irene did not bring much action to Maine over the weekend. It was fizzled down to a pretty minor tropical storm by the time it reached us. I was disappointed that we did not see more winds and rain. I was sort of looking forward to actually having some excitement and we were hoping to lose a couple trees while we were at it!

While the storm did nothing but prevent us from being outside and losing power for 12 hours (My parents fared worse they lost a bunch of trees and had the lines ripped from their house so they are in the dark for a week at the least....). It left a lot of time to think and reflect. And yesterday I came to this conclusion:

I have THE MOST beautiful, witty, smart, creative little girl on the face of this planet. She is hilarious to be around, always brings a smirk to my face (even when she is being a bit sassy) and is just absolutely GORGEOUS! There is no one on Earth that even comes close to matching her.

Then it hit me. While I think these things of my daughter my opinion is not shared by all. They think they have the best kid out there. And you know what? They do! We all do. The act of being biased to our children is the best gift that we can give them. By thinking that our children are better than all and can accomplish whatever they set their little minds to, we are setting them up with one of the most important concepts to finagle their way through this obstacle filled world. We are giving them a perpetual cheerleader that has unconditional confidence in them and their abilities. It gives them a boost up, a feeling of worth and meaning.

So do I have the most amazing 2 year old? Absolutely!! Can she do anything, heck ya! She is the best thing ever to appear in this world and for the rest of my life I will be cheering as loud as I can for her. She will do amazing things, of this I am sure! For now though she can entertain like no other. With her big beautiful eyes, crooked smile and endless out of no where chatter she is just PERFECT!!!

So to all you moms out there. No need to hold back. Let the world know who you are cheering for and how awesome they are and that yep in fact they are better than anyone else's kids. Feed them that support that they need in order to believe that yes I can do this, I can make my dreams come true. I will not fail and mom will always be right there beside me waving her pompoms!!!

LIVE LAUGH CHEER!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment