Ella-isms

There is no doubt about it. I have the most amazing, intelligent, kind, generous, witty and beautigul little girl ever. I just love spending time with her, being around her and playing all sorts of imaginative things with her. Today I am so thankful for her constant entertainment of Ella-isms.

A bad day, a tired day, a sad day and even a going fantastic happy day can all be made better with one of her out of the blue comments that make me stop, laugh and try to keep a straight face. As the days pass with this pregnancy my days are getting longer and more MORE MMMMMOOOORRRRREEEEEEEE uncomfortable with every passing second, however, with the cheer and enthusiasm of my little girl (I also need to mention the dedication and care of my wonderful husband), I am weathering them quite well.

Here are a few of my favorite recent Ella-isms:

(While I am sitting on the couch flipping through a magazine, she drags her chair over, crosses her leg and holds her pen poised over her notebook)

"So are you having any contractions? Any problems? No, no problems. Ok lets just check in your mouth. OK you're good. Thank you for being such a good patient"

(While driving I ask if she wants a bagel since we both needed some sort of food in the middle of running errands all over the place)

"Yes I would like a bagel. A girl bagel"
(What's a girl bagel?)
"A bagel with no meat. Girls don't eat meat ya know. I am a big girl now and I just don't eat that meaty stuff"

(While packing some of my hospital bag, I threw in my nursing cover)

"Mom what was that?"
(a nursing cover)
"oh ok"
(Derrick thinking I was talking to him, what was that?)
"Dad its a thing Mom needs for breast feeding ok?"

(While preparing dinner, I asked Ella if she wanted tomatoes)

"No I do not like them"
(Trying to get her to try I tell her, her new cousin Nolan likes them)
"Mom Nolan is just a baby you don't know if he likes them yet, you'll have to ask him when he gets bigger"


I really really love that little girl! And I need to start writing more of these funny little conversations down. Just writing tonight's blog and rethinking about them has put a smile on my face and improved my mood!

Thank you little girl for being so awesome, silly and sweet :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment