warm and cozies

While yes I am thankful for being literally warm and cozy right now, since I am sitting by the fire, in my yoga pants as the rain comes pouring down outside, it is not the warm and cozy that I am thankful for today.

Today I am thankful for the warm and cozies that are left behind after having a great conversation with a friend. Recently, I have had the opportunity to have the time fly by while talking to someone that I honestly connect with. During a family playdate, while visiting a neighbor or riding in the car with my hubby on the way to birthing class are all occasions in the last few weeks that I had a great conversation with someone.

Today, I also got the privilege of leaving with the warm and cozy feeling in my body. I lost myself in 2 hours of conversation with a friend that I can go months without seeing and pick right up where we left off. I actually could have easily stayed for another two hours and continued but I had to pick up Princess Pie from school. The conversation is always awesome and we just get chatting and nothing stops us. Today, we got to talk pregnancy since we are both expecting babies soon. She is going to be a first time mom and an awesome one at that. I can not wait to see that baby get to look into the eyes of both its adoring parents. It is going to be one lucky little tike! (Which I am casting my vote on it being a girl, guess we will see in April!),

Now tonight after some tea party conversation with my little darling sassafrass, I am fortunate enough to get to go have another conversation over margaritas and mock margaritas with my SIL. I guess since it's my SIL I am even more lucky that we connect so well, not many people can claim that their in-laws are friends too :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment