Princess Pie

Ok, we all knew it was coming my blog post about how thankful I am for my little precious first miracle. I am thankful for her in so many ways. She is so imaginative, adorable and just plain brilliant. D and I often joked, after being told in high school that if we ever had kids their IQs would be 60,000, that if she got the best of each of our intelligences she would be unstoppable. And really she is. She outsmarts us both all the time now at 2 I am not sure how we will be outsmarted in future years. My heart glows with pride each moment of the day of this tiny little beat of my heart.

Each day I wish I could capture on video what it's like when it's just the two of us. The antics and the fun that is little girl should be shared but she saves it just for me. I feel honored that she shares the best aide of herself with me. One day soon the public will see the Ella I see and not shy quiet one but for now I treasure the moments I get to witness and I hold them close. Just this morning she got herself ready for a shopping day and I hear her yell up the stairs: "mom I have my own money cam I get a coffee on the way?". As I came down my little princess pie was clutching her dollar bill and looking so hopeful that of course I said yes. She then packed that dollar for her coffee and another one she insisted was for her shopping into her wallet that went into her purse, we were ready. While we were out my perfect little girl took her shopping dollar and bought a rattle for her cousin Nolan. She insisted he needed something more than she did and then proudly handed him the little rattle. Never in my life have I felt so much pride. I could have burst at the seams to see my little girl being so generous!

I love that little girl more than anything I could have ever imagined. She truly is a perfect little soul and I am so thankful to have her in my life. They say good things are always worth the wait and I can say that everything I went through to get this little girl was so worth it!!! I love you to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment